Sunday, May 21, 2006

 

Spyware issues.

Peter -each time lately I have logged onto the net I have received a message from Microsoft Internet Explorer regarding a vuneralbility to Mytob virus and suggest I download a " free" program NOW. when I go into the area I get confused - then its trial only etc etc.
I already have Norton antivirus which I update every few weeks the last update was last week.
These message frighten me - should I be concerned???
Perina

Hi,
What you have is called spyware or Malware and its really a pain in the arse, I suggest downloading the following program it seems to kick the spyware threats for a six.
http://www.download.com/Spyware-Terminator/3000-8022_4-10513224.html?tag=lst-0-1

I suggest this program in conjunction with a microsoft program called windows defender
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=435bfce7-da2b-4a6a-afa4-f7f14e605a0d&displaylang=en

What ever you do, never touch a program that is recommended to you by a windows pop up especially when it wants you download it to clear the virus.

Peter

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?