Tuesday, April 25, 2006

 
Emails accumulate at an alarming rate and I file them all under theirappropriate folders in the outlook express left hand column. I need to savethem off the pc somewhere and clear the outlook express files.Because of the amount this needs to be done en-masse or by each folder i.esent items, personal, business, etcI do have an spare external 40gb hard drive (called Dimension) but needinstructions on transferring the data.I am using a fairly old Toshiba Satellite laptop which does not have aninbuilt burner but I have a Diamond burner and removable micro cruzer saverUSB plug in. I am using Windows ME.I know I am due for an pc upgrade but the system still works ok for myneeds.Saving word docs or other files is not a problem as I just save to removabledisc and my wife burns a disc on her late model laptop for me. It's justthese outlook emails I need to save.Thanks for your help and time
Robert Smith

Hello Robert,
Sorry it has taken me a little time to get back to you I have been working to broadcast the Wauchope ANZAC day dawn and 11am services. I have located a free application that will assist in the back up process. http://www.download.com/Acubix-PicoBackup-Outlook-Express-Edition/3000-2369_4-10408457.html?tag=lst-0-5 I do suggest one of two types of back up. The external hard drive is ok but remember it is a mechanical option and with mechanical options the chance of failure is there.

I suggest a DVD burner and the correct storage procedures that will allow you to keep the data safe but remember DVD media are not permanent either but will last around 10 years if stored correctly.

Microsoft have information on the back up process I hope that might also be helpful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670

Peter Saville

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?