Monday, March 20, 2006

 

firewall???

To firewall or not to firewall?

G`day Peter, I have just joined a new ISP, Q; is do I need there Fire wall? or is there a free one I could use, I run Windows XP home with XP Pack 2, which has a fire wall.

I am currently until the change over with another provider, and pay them a $1 p/m for there fire wall,,, I also run Norton Anti Virus 2003,,

Hope you can help.. ( more time on the radio too would be good,) Thanks. Lou..

Hi louis,

Firstly remember to give me your new email address when you change over, i don't really believe you need a software fire wall as windows one does suffice, keep your anti virus up to date but microsoft is launching a firewall and anti syware service shortly. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=435bfce7-da2b-4a6a-afa4-f7f14e605a0d&displaylang=en


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?